The Hating Game: A Novel - Sally Thorne

This was such a fun read. I was about to be really mad because I had no idea how the author would wrap it up so neatly, but she managed to do it in a way that left me satisfied.

The heroine and the hero have amazing chemistry and it was a delight to spend time in their world with them. Lucy's thoughts were insane and over the top but it just made me love her more. And Josh? UNF. That man is a sexy beast with a heart of gold.

Reading progress notes

8% - Started this today and it’s ok, haven’t been gripped by the story yet. Lucy is SO into Joshua, it’s hilarious. I mean, I don’t think she can tell that she’s into him but she totally is.

24% - That is one hell of an angry kiss, that's all I'm gonna say.

35% - I am living for caretaker Josh. LIVING.

38% - I love that Joshua cleans up the apartment. Biggest turn on ever.

40% - Danny, you gotta take a hike, dude. Like NOW.

48% - I spot a little origami bird made of notepaper I once flicked at him during a meeting.

omg i'm ded

51% - First peeve: unless those macarons were refrigerated there is no way they would've survived enough for an 'emergency.' Stuff like that throws me off.

68% - ”Get to know me. And I never thought it would be you.”
“Do you want me to stop?”
I almost can’t hear his reply, it’s so quiet. “No.”

omg my heart

78% - I'm suspecting the thing that Josh isn't saying is concerning the 'happy' couple and oh boy.

80% - I KNEW IT.

96% - "I couldn’t. If I’d let myself smile back. And be friends with you, I probably would have fallen in love with you.”

*melts into a puddle*